Transfers and Exchanges
Are you already one of our residents and want to move?
If you need to move from your current home you can register for a transfer. Before you can apply for a transfer you must have been living in your home for at least twelve months and your rent account must be clear.
We will consider putting you on the transfer list if:
- your current home is too big for your needs;
- your current home is too small for your needs;
- you have health problems which could be helped by moving home;
- you are being harassed – we will need firm evidence of this;
- you are caring for someone and need to move nearer to do this;
- you need care and need to move nearer to the care provider;
- you need to move nearer to work; or
- your home is adapted and you no longer need the adaptation.
- you need to move to be nearer work, family, schools etc.
Please note that for us to accept that you are overcrowded, we consider that two children of the same sex can share a bedroom up to the age of 15. Children of opposite sexes can share a bedroom up to the age of ten.
You need to complete a transfer form which you can either print and return by post, or alternatively why not compete it in on line and click the send button at the top of the form.
If you want to move you may also want to consider an exchange. This is where you swap your home with another tenant. If you do find another tenant to exchange with you will need our approval to go ahead and all parties will need to complete an Exchange Application Form below.
For more information on how to apply for a transfer or an exchange and how we will deal with your request please read the leaflets below.
HomeSwapper is the largest national mutual exchange service in the country for council and housing association tenants wanting to swap homes throughout the UK. We are now a member of Homeswapper which means that our tenants can register and search for exchanges for free
Click on the image to visit the website:
Click on the links below to complete our online Transfer and/or Exchange Application forms: