Welcome to our repairs section, where you can find information on the available services.
If a repair is necessary due to carelessness or disregard for the property, it will be rechargeable to you.
For further information on other aspects of the repairs service, please select from the options listed on the left, however, if you have any other query or you want to talk to us, please call on 01925 246810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For emergency out of hours repairs, please call 0844 893 3986.
Repair & Adaptation Responsibilities
- Repairs to main structure and fabric including roof, chimneys/flues, walls, doors, windows, gutters and drains
- Repairs to service installations including electric, gas, central heating, plumbing and any lift service
- Fixtures and fittings including sanitary goods, kitchen units, floor and wall tiles, electrical switches and sockets, internal joinery and fittings
From the time you report a repair it is our target to complete it within the following timescales:
Routine repairs – Within 21 working days e.g. general joinery & plumbing work.
Urgent repairs – Within 2 working days e.g. where an essential facility is lost or further damage may result, such as loss of heating, serious roof leaks or blocked drains.
Emergency repairs – Same day or night e.g. where there is immediate danger to health or safety, such as impact or storm damage causing structural instability, total loss of mains water, gas leak, blocked flue, burst water main, blocked main drain, flooding, total loss of electricity supply, fire damage, breaches of security to external doors & windows.as leak, blocked flue, burst water main, blocked main drain, flooding, total loss of electricity supply, fire damage, breaches of security to external doors & windows.
All routine repairs will subject to pre-inspection survey before guarantee of works being completed
The following list identifies the repairs tenants are responsible for :-
As a tenant it is your responsibility to look after your home and keep it in a good condition and not cause any damage to the property and fixtures and fittings. It is also your responsibility to also make sure that your visitors don’t cause any damage. Your tenancy agreement sets out our responsibilities and also what we expect from you.
When you move into your home some minor repairs to your home are your responsibility. If you report a repair that is your responsibility we will tell you when you contact us that this is your responsibility. In some instances we may advise you of the cost for us to carry out the work. If you do want WHA to carry out this work for you, we would expect payment in advance before we would complete any work. To make it easier for you payments can be taken over the phone.
Repairs that are your responsibility
- Replacing toilet seats
- Repairs to your own equipment such as washing machines, fridges, cookers etc.
- Work arising from faulty workmanship carried out by a tradesman you have used
- Providing plugs to sinks and baths
- Bath panels
- Blockages to sanitary appliances caused by you
- Bleeding radiators and resetting heating controls?
- Lost keys and replacement locks due to lost keys and any work resulting in lost keys
- Fitting any extra locks or safety catches
- Refitting or trimming down internal doors after fitting carpets or flooring
- Putting up any curtain rails or battens
- Releasing windows that are stuck after internal painting
- Boxing in any pipework
- Replacing or repairing any coat hooks
- Repairing internal door handles
- Draft proofing
- Re-glazing or replacement glass in broken windows and doors as a result of accidental damage
- Replacing fuses unless mains fuse and resetting trip switches
- Providing extra electrical sockets
- Replacing electric light bulbs and sealed light bulbs in bathrooms, unless they are in a communal area or in a retirement scheme.
- Repairing any electrical faults caused by appliances owned by you
If you are unable to do these repairs due to a disability please contact us and we may be able to help.
- Whilst we will decorate the outside of your home on a regular basis, it is your responsibility to decorate the inside of your home on a regular basis
- Making good any decoration due to your own improvements or due to any leaks from your own appliances or appliances of other tenants (this is generally in blocks of flats)
We would expect you to have your own contents insurance to cover the cost of any damage to your furniture and décor caused by leaks, fire, flood etc. WHA do offer contents insurance cover with AON with competitive premiums paid weekly alongside your rent.
- Paving or flagging apart from the main path and paving adjacent to your home
- Replacing or maintaining any washing lines or individual rotary driers
- Your own TV aerial system and satellite system
If you have also carried out any home improvements with our permission such as a conservatory, it is your responsibility to maintain these (unless otherwise agreed)
For any queries about what repairs are your responsibility please call us on 01925 246810.
Please note : the Association will carry out the above repairs if requested however you will be recharged for the cost of any works.
All tenants also have the right to carry out certain improvements and alterations to their home and this is explained in your tenancy agreement. For further guidance on this matter, please read the information leaflet below:
Warrington Housing Association aims to provide a high quality aids and adaptations service to enable tenants with disabilities to live safely and independently in their home.
In the first instance, tenants would need to contact the ‘Access to Social Care’ team at Warrington Borough Council via one of the following options:
Telephone: 01925 444239
Email: email@example.com ,
Visit the website:
By post: Access to Social Care, Families and Wellbeing Directorate, 1st Floor, New Town House, Buttermarket Street, Warrington, WA1 2NH
As part of Business Plan, Warrington Housing Association committed to increasing our stock by 100 properties over 5 years. In the last 12 months, we have completed developments across a number of our sites. Below you will find images of our progress at these sites.