Mr G contacted WHiA regarding a number of issues with his property.
- His combi boiler and gas fire which hadn’t been used in several years and he was unsure if it worked or if it was safe.
- There was an issue with his front door being difficult to open and close and the rear door didn’t lock properly.
- His front window had no glass and was boarded up.
- He had no income or savings.
- There was a lack of social opportunities and he had no support network.
Using the gas safe fund, we were able to secure payment for the boiler and gas fire to be serviced which resulted in both appliances being condemned.
We then arranged for an S&S grant and for client to have the following work carried out;
- A replacement boiler
- A new front window
- A replacement lock on the rear door
- Adjustments to the front door so that it opens and closes more easily.
Mr G was then offered client a benefits check to help him secure financial support and was introduced to our LifeTime service to help improve his options for social interaction. Mr G is now an IT volunteer at the LifeTime centre and attends daily, growing his much needed social network.