WHA Engage takes place on Wednesday 24 July 2019 from 12pm – 4pm and our Money Advice Officer, Steven, will be on hand to offer free money skills sessions to help you understand your finances and make your money go further.
There will be two fun interactive sessions during the event which you can sign up for when you arrive. Please feel free to come along to both!
The first session will be all about planning your finances, covering the following issues:
- Why it’s important to plan ahead
- The different types of money you have coming in and going out
- Ways you can try to get more money coming in
- How to afford things you want, not just things you need
- Where to get help if things go wrong
The second session will focus on borrowing money cheaply and responsibly, and will explore:
- When borrowing is a good idea
- Understanding the jargon
- How different types of borrowing work and how much they cost
- The risks to consider before borrowing money, and the responsibilities you have as a borrower
We hope to see you there!