Useful contact numbers

Print this document

Emergency repairs - if you have an emergency repairs out of office hours you can contact: Orbis: 0844 893 3986

Gas - If you smell gas or have a problem with your meter contact the National Grid on 0800 111 999 or

Electricity - For changing supplier, meter readings and paying bills you can contact either Scottish Power: 08457 292292, or Manweb: 0845 2722424  For new supply and meter readings: 08457 292292

Water - If you're moving home, considering having a meter or have problems with your water pressure you can contact United Utilities Plc: 0845 7462200,

Home Heat Helpline - One in five people are eligible for free help with their energy bills.  If you would like further information please call the Home Heat Helpline on 0800 33 66 99 or click on the link to visit their website

General Services

Access to Social Care Team -  Call: 01925 444239, Email: , visit the website:

Access to Social Care, Families and Wellbeing Directorate, 1st Floor, New Town House 
Buttermarket Street, Warrington, WA1 2NH

Housing plus - Gives free, confidential and independent information, help and advice to people living in Warrington who have housing problems: 01925 246868,

Department for Work and Pensions - You can contact the DWP if you have any questions about welfare benefits, the state pension, pension credits, winter fuel payments, cold weather payments or child support  on 0845 3771000,

Citizens Advice Warrington Provide a free, impartial, confidential and free service to people needing advice on a wide range of subjects, including Legal, Debt, Welfare, Immigration and Nationality. A drop in service is provided Monday-Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm or by appointment in the afternoon.  You can contact them on 01925 246994 or

Jobcentre Plus - For help, advice and information on looking for a job and applying for benefits or emergency loans call 08456043719 or go online at

Homes and Communities Agency - Responsible for the regulation of social housing providers and if you have any queries you can contact them on 0300 1234 500 (option 2) or email them at

Choose a Home - If you are looking to be rehoused in Warrington, CHOOSEaHOME can provide you with a number of housing options and you can contact them on 0800 25 26 27 or visit

Warrington Borough Council - For information on recycling & waster, travel in the area, Council tax or to report problems such as dangerous paving, graffitior flytipping you can call Contact Warrington 01925 443322 or visit

Warrington Credit Unions - If you want to know how to set up a Credit Union account, need a loan or would like to volunteer your services you can find out more at

Counselling Directory - If you're in need of support, you can use this directory to search for professional counsellors or psychotherapists -